If you're looking for all out horsepower for your supercharged Cobra, the Whipple twin screw supercharger is what you need! At nearly from 2.3L to 4.0L of air per revolution, the Whipple Supercharger gives you the ability to produce more power than any other positive displacement supercharger available today. With its enormous flow potential, the Whipple can produce more power per lb of boost by taking less HP to operate and dramatically cooler temps. From 13psi to 30psi, the Whipple Cobra system will give you all the ability you could ever crave.
The massive size of the supercharger isn't the only benefit, as Whipple, the pioneers of twin screw compressors have also increased the built-in-volume ratio of the supercharger to increase its performance at the Cobra's higher boost levels (17psi+). The higher pressure ratio allows for less air leakage back through the rotor housing, giving you both cooler air charge temps and lower parasitic losses.
The new Whipple Cobra system also boast many other benefits such as an increased capacity rear inlet housing to help keep up with the large airflow demands as well as a wide open discharge for increased plenum area, which is ideal for proper air distribution over the air-to-water intercooler core. The massive flow potential of the SC also allows for larger SC pulleys, which give you increased belt contact surface for less slippage. The new system also features an oversized air-bypass valve for cooler discharge temps and lower parasitic losses during vacuum operation, as well as on/off throttle movements.
The Whipple Cobra kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.
Systems require aftermarket fuel rails for proper fitment around supercharger inlet. Systems are also designed around single mono-blade throttle bodies such as Accufab's.
Whipple 2003-04 Ford Cobra Supercharger Features:
- INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
- Direct bolt on replacement
- Biggest supercharger available today which means cooler air charge and lower parasitic losses
- Increased torque and horsepower across the board
- Increased air volume allows for massive low-range torque increases
- Billet oversized bypass valve for decreased operating temps and decreased parasitic losses
- Nearly 4000 compressor rpm lower speeds than any other SC available
- CAD designed air inlet and SC discharge for maximum air flow
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Best $$ value bolt on. More power than headers, cam, throttle body, MAF meter, chip and filter COMBINED
- No "boost drop off" (stock Eaton is 13 psi @ 4000 and only 10.5 psi @ 6000)
- No "boost lag" as with centrifugals and turbos
- Boost range 13 - 30 psi
- No need for separate oil reservoir system or “catch can”
- Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required
- Factory fit and finish
- Available polished, black satin or any custom color you would like