Exedy Stage 4 & 5 Hyper Multiplate Clutch Kit
For high-powered applications EXEDY offers Multi plate clutches. These are designed for hot street action as well as drag, road, and rally racing. All of Exedy's multi plate clutches come with a lightweight chromoly steel flywheel, and the famous purple anodized forged aluminum clutch cover. Depending on the application, both strap drive and lug drive models are available. All have T5001 cerametallic friction materials for extreme heat resistance. The multi plate clutches are rated up to 800+ foot pounds of torque at the flywheel and come with spring damper or solid discs depending on the application.
Cerametallic Friction Disc
- EXEDY Exclusive Friction Composition
- 6-pad design
- High friction coefficient material
- Designed for low wear and high heat resistance
- Heavy Duty hardened, spring damper
- Heavy Duty bonding agents retain clutch material
- Generally smaller and thinner to reduce weight
- Reduced weight = lower inertia = quicker shifting, less wear and tear on synchros
Forged Aluminum Cover
- Average of 100% increase in clamp load over stock
- Extra capacity holds street/race car power upgrades
- Billet pressure plate far stiffer than stamped-type
- Incredible strength means no clamp-load deflection
- Integrated turbine-like fins enhance airflow, keeping clutch assembly cooler and will help extend life
- Some applications available SD or HD clamping configurations to match wheel torque numbers
Forged Chromoly Flywheel
- Combination of low weight and high heat capacity
- Designed for Rally, Drag and hi-performance Street
- Reduced weight and inertia means snappier throttle response and quicker shifting
- Designed to increase airflow to help cooling (most)
- One-piece flywheel - starter teeth machined in place
- Unlike aluminum flywheel, ring gear cannot separate
- Unlike aluminum flywheel, friction surface can't warp
- May be resurfaced for future clutch service
- Tested up to 18,000 rpm without failure
- All EXEDY Chromoly Flywheels are SFI approved
About Exedy Parts & Accessories
EXEDY Globalparts Corporation (USA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the EXEDY Corporation of Japan. EXEDY (Japan) began with one man back in 1923. Continuous growth through the decades has resulted in our clutch manufacturing business (and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch) to become a respected brand. Known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain product, our pursuit of perfection and the assurance of safety underlie our famed quality and reliability. Our advanced engineering and patented innovations have made us the leading OEM manufacturer in the world for Clutches along with many other powertrain components.
EXEDY is also the undisputed world leader of performance sports and racing clutches.
EXEDY Globalparts Corporation has evolved from the business known as Daikin Clutch Corporation. All EXEDY manufactured products still carry the famous Daikin winged logo.
The US business was established in 1967 and EXEDY/Daikin products have been manufactured in the US since 1988 for both OEM and the Aftermarket.
The EXEDY Group supplies Manual Clutches, Flywheels, Torque Converters, AT Plates or other advanced Powertrain Components to all 11 vehicle manufacturers in Japan as well as many other vehicle manufacturers, construction / machinery industries in the world including GM and Ford. EXEDY Globalparts (USA) now distributes all EXEDY, Daikin and Dynax (AT related) products to the aftermarket for all of North, Central and South America.
Rating based on 0 Reviews
To write a review please select specific product