The GT-R's original equipment (OE) brake discs just don't have staying power when pushed to the limits. Premature brake disc cracking is something no one wants to see after a day of tracking sessions. It didn't take long for many GT-R owners to realize the OE brake discs aren't quite up to par on an otherwise incredible car.
In response to customer demand, STILLEN offers upgraded AP Racing discs that mount straight onto the OE brake hats. These discs are track proven (at Nürburgring, Silverstone and others) on GT-R's in extreme conditions by professional drivers. They not only last much longer without cracking, drivers often report improved brake pedal feel and better pedal modulation. Even better - these upgraded discs cost less than standard OE factory replacements!
These discs are from an AP Racing casting specifically designed for heavy sports cars. It uses a 72 curved vane design, with the OE air gap of 17mm and thicker walls. The result is a disc with higher thermal capacity which is welcome on a vehicle that sees lots of heavy track use and reaches high disc temperatures.
AP Racing also beefed up the disc flange and bell by using 12 mounting points vs. the OE 10 points.
NIS3910AJ: 2008-2011 Nissan GTR Front Disc Assemblies
Includes: discs, hardware, bells and spacers. Replaces OE 380x34mm disc
NIS3920AJ: 2012+ Nissan GT-R Front Disc Assemblies
Includes: discs, hardware, and bells. Replaces OE 390x32.6mm disc
• Top quality, proprietary iron alloy with multi-stage thermal processing.
• Curved-vane core (72 vanes) for better thermal management under extreme use. Improved cooling over the OE pillar vane design.
• Available in both Slotted and J-Hook Patterns to improve pad bite and resist cracking under severe use.
• Precisely balanced at high RPM for smooth operation at any vehicle speed.
• Friction faces finished on the latest generation twin-turning equipment, better DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) and less runout than typical double-disc grinding machines.
• Includes fresh hardware for track-day confidence every day.
• Added bonus: lower priced than the standard OE discs!
Partnering with legendary AP Racing is a huge benefit when developing upgrades for the most aggressive drivers. Taking a walk down a NASCAR pit lane seems like strolling though an AP Racing outdoor showroom. It's the same with Formula One, LeMans prototypes, WRC, Group N and more worldwide. Now you can have championship-winning AP Racing technology on your GT-R!
About STILLEN Parts & Accessories
Steve Millen Sportparts, Inc. and STILLEN humbly started their race to the front of the pack in 1986. Starting with aftermarket mini-truck appearance packages, we quickly found ourselves fulfilling customer's requests to build products for other vehicles such as vans and full-sized trucks.
With that came performance parts, suspension pieces, and upgraded brake products such as big brake systems. Capitalizing on his racing career, and knowing what it took to make sports cars perform like no other, it was only natural for Steve Millen to branch out into the import car scene. Over two decades later, we offer a full array of products encompassing styling, performance, handling, and braking products for just about any car, truck, or SUV.
Rating based on 0 Reviews
To write a review please select specific product