Vortech 2010-2013 Chevy Camaro Supercharger
Vortech supercharging systems are available as either a complete, fully calibrated bolt-on (2010-2011 model years), or as V-7 tuner kits for custom installations at up to 1200HP (2011-2013 model years).
581HP Complete Systems (2010-2011)
Complete, fully calibrated supercharging systems are available for the 2010-2011 Camaro, featuring the V-3 Si centrifugal supercharger with air-to-air charge cooler. The complete system will boost your stock engine to 581 HP and 517 lb/ft torque with 7 PSI from the V-3 supercharger at the factory redline.
The new Camaro system uses Vortech's V-3Si supercharger. Continued development in Vortech's Lab resulted in the V-3 Si. The "i" stands for improved and with its new patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 literally blows away the competition. Industry leading 78% adiabatic efficiency [SAE J1723 standard] means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat means better durability. Also, Vortech's supercharger systems weigh less than half of the low-tech competing brands.
Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decrease.
Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
Complete System Components and Features
- 10-rib supercharger drive design allows for maximum belt traction and stability. Features:
- 3.80" drive pulley
- Dedicated (stand alone) configuration
- Steel SFI-approved race-spec replacement damper (ATI Performance Products)
- Heavy duty automatic drive belt tensioner
- Hard anodized billet aluminum idlers with dual bearings
- Hard anodized billet aluminum 7" crank pulley
- Premium 10-rib drive belt
- Dual plate supercharger mounting system features:
- Billet aluminum front and rear mounting plates
- Laser cut steel intermediate plate for increased rigidity
- Billet aluminum spacers and high-grade hardware
- Dual position automatic belt tensioner mount
- Front plate configuration allows for simple change to manual idler adjustment for use with "cog-drive" applications (see notes below for accessory options)
- Fuel system upgrade (complete systems only) includes:
- High flow 66 lb/hr replacement fuel injectors
- ECU re-flash
- Air inlet assembly includes:
- Custom roto-molded ducting. Maintains 4" diameter equivalent cross-section throughout. Locates filter behind headlight for cooler inlet air temperatures
- Silicone sleeves
- Stainless steel clamps
- High-flow air filter
- Discharge and charge cooler assembly features:
- High-capacity welded aluminum charge cooler core (15.6"H x 20"W x 3.5") is capable of supporting over 1000 HP.
- Aluminum Vortech Race compressor bypass valve
- Silicone sleeves and stainless steel clamps
- Mandrel bent 3" aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- 4" aluminum throttle body inlet duct and billet aluminum MAF housing
- Integrated air-straightener provides laminar flow through MAF for OEM idle quality and driveability
Installation time is rated at 12-14 hours.
Download manual 4GE020-010v3.1 (PDF) for installation instructions.
Tuner Kits and Supercharger Options
Tuner kits are available for 2011-2013 Camaro.
Tuner kits are the same as complete systems except without the fuel system upgrades or ECM reprogramming. This allows for custom tuning and fuel modifications that the custom tuner or racer may prefer.Vortech has supercharger options for various types of racing or boost level. For continued use, such as road racing, the V-2 series superchargers share the engine's oiling system. This approach is more suitable for continued boost conditions and allows for the addition of an oil cooler or filter. Call the Vortech Tech Line for complete information on the many upgrades and options available.
Not Smog Legal in California
These systems are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only).
3-Year/36,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
Available with complete street legal systems sold and installed by a Vortech Top-Tier Installer. Not available with tuner kits. More information.
3-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty
Available with V-3 superchargers (if purchased as part of a complete street-legal system) for an additional $50.00. Note: Tuner kits are only eligible for a 1-Year Warranty. More information (PDF).
About Vortech Parts & Accessories
Established in 1990, Vortech Engineering offers a variety of automotive performance products including complete supercharging systems, fuel system components and air-to-water aftercoolers for domestic and import vehicles plus marine applications. Vortech has also consistently earned praise from the automotive press for its premier centrifugal supercharging systems and performance enhancing parts and accessories.
Rating based on 0 Reviews
To write a review please select specific product